Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Special Scrap





I don't usually do altered stuff. I much prefer to do layouts which I put into folders. However, I recently managed to get this lovely wooden photo display. And I decided to use it to showcase some of my favourite photos from our Melbourne trip.

I first coloured the frame with Prima's chalk ink. And I cut out various icons from Webster's Pages leftover papers. I used a lot of their Seaside Retreat and Yacht Club papers. I also used Prima's flowers, tiles. And AC alphabets. I was actually quite concerned with the papers/pieces falling off. But so far so good.

It was fun doing this altered layout. It's a great visual reminder of the trip without having to flip through albums. Previously, I did some altered board books. But I realised after everyone has flipped through them, stuff would start coming out or bending at the edges. And I had to keep them away from my boys. But this photo display is much more practical. And there's no need for excess handling. I might do more of this next time...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: