Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mommying is Hard


Bryan is almost 2 now. He grows up so fast, it's sometimes hard to catch up. I find mommying a very fine line between being careful and letting go. I want him to learn things and be able to do things on his own. Yet I want to make sure that he knows what he is doing, that he wouldn't make mistakes.

Like today, when he goes to pick up his daddy's mug, to drink from it. It's an almost full heavy mug. My mommy's instint is to grab it from him, even though I know full well that he is capable to holding a cup and drink from it without spilling. I catch myself and watch gingerly as he takes a sip and then sets the mug down, all without spilling a drop, at the same time, watching his favourite TV show. I breathe a big sigh of relief and feel really proud of my little boy. (And me too!) Still, I can't help myself from saying, "Put the cup down on the table properly, just in case it spills."

No comments: