Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gabriel and Bryan

Gabriel is quite different in character from Bryan. He can be very quiet and likes to watch people and things. But once in a while, he can get frustrated playing with a toy, especially when he is not feeling well. Then he shows his temper. He doesn't just start crying like Bryan used to do. He'll actually voice his frustration. And kick his legs or wave his hands in the air, like he's really angry. It's actually quite funny to see a 12 month old angry. But I can just foresee the tantrums he'll throw. So I'm quite firm with him when he gets angry, and I let him vent his frustration without giving in. And I stop coddling him. Hopefully he learns that showing his anger is not going to get him anywhere. But once he's feeling much better, I have my little angel back. It's hard to stay angry with him.

No comments: