Saturday, January 5, 2008

An Apple A Day

I currently use a Macbook which I'm really happy with. The startup is very fast and the desktop has lots of convenient functions in it. The software is usually very stable and doesn't give error messages. The graphic and multimedia programs are excellent. Making slideshows and even movies is a clinch.

However, I think there is a problem with the Magsafe power adapter. I had it replaced once and it stopped working after a few months. This time, my warranty had just ran out. I went down to the Apple service centre in Wheelock Place and was told I had to call up Apple to confirm that I could replace it for free. So I went home and did that. Then the second time I went down, it was closed for a function.

The third time I went down, I managed to see someone after about almost 45 minutes waiting. And they told me it would take 2 working days to replace. I had to come back to collect it. That was a week ago. Granted it's the new year and there was a break. Still... I called them up a couple of days ago and was told that it would come in the next two days. I'm still waiting for them to call.

Going by what they told be before, does that mean it would take another week? It's just to replace the adapter. They don't even have to fix the old one. Now my Macbook battery life is down to about 30%. Grrr... I'm going to complain to Apple, they should change service providers.

No comments: