Friday, September 7, 2007

Notables

Recently I watched the 5th season of the Apprentice. Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump has replaced Carolyn as one of the judges together with her brother Donald Jr. I've heard of her but she's never really been in the spotlight much. And she seemed more down-to-earth than most of the other heiresses, like Paris Hilton. And she sounded quite intelligent on the show. So I checked up on her. She's a year younger than me. She attended the Wharton School in University of Pennsylvania and graduated magna cum laude from her class. She was a model while she was studying but now is vice president of her father's Real Estate division (She's only 25!). And she will be launching her own line of diamond jewellery collection. Now that's somebody with beauty AND brains. I would really like to meet her one day.

In the news lately, Pavarotti has passed away at age 71, from cancer. He's probably the only one of the 3 tenors whose name I can remember. Aside from Domingo and the other one (What's his name?). After my honeymoon to Italy, I have come to appreciate Italian songs. And I discovered that Italians are probably born to sing. Even the restaurant entertainers are exceptional. I would really like to watch an episode of Italian Idol. They would put even the American Idols to shame, much less the Singapore Idol. Hmm Singapore Idol, I thought that was some kind of a joke.

No comments: