Friday, February 5, 2010

February

I think I'm doing pretty ok with my resolutions for the year.

I'm trying to spend more quality time with the kids instead of just watching tv with them all the time. And it's been paying off.

Bryan's been very good. He's listened to me more. I've also tried not to yell at him or get too frustrated with him all the time. Instead, I've been explaining more. Like why he should sleep early, and why he should eat his veggies. It does take more effort on my part to make explainations simple. But Bryan's been behaving much better. And I haven't had to threaten spanking at all. Patience is definately a virtue when it comes to kids but it pays off too.

Gabriel's still quite a gentle baby. Although he does have his tantrums now and then. He's learning the word NO. I've noticed he's a bit more sensitive. Raising my voice or giving him a light smack makes him very upset. And he'll want hugs and cuddles after. So I have to be a bit more careful with Gabriel. Being firm is ok. But not too angry or fierce.

Being a Mommy is not easy. And no 2 children are the same. But it's a fabulous feeling when the child loves you right back. My heart warms and bubbles over.

No comments: