Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Last Song

By Nicholas Sparks.

Only my most favourite author ever. Whenever he publishes a new book, I always find time to read it. And I don't wait for the smaller paperback version to come out either.

He writes from the heart. And he manages to put the reader right in the middle of the book. I am never able to get through any of his books without shedding tears.

The latest book is a little different from his usual romances. This time he includes the relationship of a father and daughter (Steve and Ronnie) as the centerpiece of the story. There is also a bit of a suspense and mystery with the other side characters (Blaze and Marcus). But I also liked the love that blossomed between Ronnie and Will. He always writes the couple as falling in love at first sight. I especially like those tender moments.

And he manages to tie everything together nicely at the end. But not all his books have a happy ending. Always a honest heartfelt conclusion though. Which I think is much better than a predictable happily-ever-after type ending.

So until the next book...


-- Posted From My iPhone

No comments: