Friday, August 14, 2009

Angels

It hasn't been a busy week but somehow I feel a little under the weather. Energy levels not what it used to be. I hope I'm not coming down with something. Maybe partly because hubbie's been busy at work with dinners and MIL has her own appointments. So I end up having to entertain my 2 kids myself. It's not too bad though. Bryan does his own thing and Gabriel just needs stuff to play with.

Then I have to put them to bed. They sleep in the same room so it's not difficult. I just have to keep an eye on Gabriel crawling around while I read Bryan his bedtime stories or help him with his activity books. Then I pretty much fall asleep with them.

These days Bryan's been very good when I'm around. He doesn't throw so much tantrums if he doesn't get his way. I generally try to compromise so he doesn't feel like he is missing out on something. Like, sweets/snacks only after dinner. Or we'll do something together only after he takes a shower. And I have to keep to my promises too, then he'll keep to his. It's working out so far. I think he likes playing the 'kor kor' or big brother role. So he tries to be helpful and good for his younger brother.

Meanwhile, Gabriel's becoming more mobile. He wants to crawl around and play with stuff. And he wants me to play with him when I'm home. I do have to watch him like a hawk now. He grabs and bites everything. And has a tendency to crawl up to edges to look over. I think 10 months is a lovely age. He's not so fragile but still very cute. And is starting to show a little of his personality.

It's really such a blessing to have 2 little angels in the house.

No comments: