Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Scrapbooking Lines

I'm eagerly awaiting my latest scrapbook shipment from the US. The latest lines have just been released there and I just put in the order late last week. I had a very long wishlist to begin with but later cut down the stuff I wanted to just the few that I would use.

My obsession with nice papers started when I was in primary school. I loved cute stationery, stickers and stamps. I remember I'd collect them and used them as notepaper, diaries etc. As I got older, my budget for these things grew bigger and I bought cute pens which didn't work very well. Pencils with furry ends. More and more stickers. And more organisers than I knew what to do with.

Now that I'm too old for cute stationery, ie. Hello Kitty etc. I moved on to new things.

Scrapbooking involves getting lovely papers, stickers, rub-ons, flowers, brads etc. Then combining them with my photos. It's not just therapeutic but gives me an excuse to get more stationery. And in the age of digital photography, I get to show off my photos in a very unique and textured way. Each layout/album is different and unique. I never buy/repeat the same papers and stickers again.

I hope that these albums will last and become a legacy to my children. Something that they can show to their children.

No comments: