Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A New Chapter

Things are going to change for us in a couple of days. It's going to be a while before I can settle down and work out a routine. We will have to get used to a baby and a cot in the room again (at least for a few months). And Bryan will have to get used to less attention. I'm not sure how much time I'd have for myself and hubbie. Although I'm quite determined to work something out. Two children is certainly going to be busier compared to just one. Both my and hubbie will have to look after one child each during our free time instead of taking turns. It's great that my parents-in-law are around to help though.

Recently there's been news of not only the electricity fee hike but news of the economy not doing so well. And hubbie's quite upset over recent credit card bills so he's cutting down my spending. Well, I'll be busy over baby Gabriel over the next few months so I wouldn't have time to go shopping. I have made sure I have most of the things I need over the next few months as well. Meanwhile, I have to make myself stick to the essentials for the next few months. It's not going to be easy since shopping is probably the only way I have to relax and have time to myself for now. I can't wait until I can find the time to go to the gym. That's another way I love to relax. Oh and another way is through scrapbooking. But that I have to wait until I get enough photos, lots and lots of baby photos.

I realised that hubbie's been actually great through these past months. He's been there for all the important moments. Even though I've been pre-occupied with other stuff, hormones and all, he's been really understanding. I think even with all those changes coming up, we still need to find the time for each other. I need to make sure that no matter how busy things are, that I still find the time to sit and share stuff with him.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for a smooth month ahead. No post-natal blues and the energy to keep on going. The first month is the worst, then it gets better... It's worth it in the end. Having children is a joy everyone should share in.

No comments: