Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Paid Maternity Leave

Currently, working mothers are eligible for 12 weeks of maternity leave. Maternity leave will be extended from 12 to 16 weeks for all Singaporean births on or after 1 Jan 2009.

How frustrating is that?!! My National Day wish was to have longer maternity leave. I prayed for an extra month. Maybe I should have been specific. Maybe I should have asked for an extra month with effect from 1 October 2008.

[Edit]:
"THE Government has brought forward the start date for the new parenthood perks, in response to parents-to-be who appealed for the change.
Instead of Jan 1 next year, the benefits will be given from Aug 17, the day Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced the changes at his National Day Rally." Straits Times
Woo Hoo! My prayers have been answered!

No comments: