Thursday, October 4, 2007

Singapore Botanical Gardens


Today, Bryan and I spent a good part of the morning walking in the Children's Gardens. It's a newly opened section of the Singapore Botanical Gardens where there are lots of stuff to do for the children. There is a water section, a playground. Also things like a cave, bridge, maze, etc. But it's a little tricky to get here. The main entrance for this part of the Gardens is actually just inside the NUS faculty along Bukit Timah Road, not along the Evans Road visitors entrance. It was just opened on the 1st October, children's day!

Bryan enjoyed himself. He walked the whole way. I'm so proud of him. And he doesn't misbehave like other boys around him. We went to the sand pit and he walked barefoot on the sand. Then we went to the suspension bridge which he wasn't afraid of. He enjoyed the playhouse that looked like a treehouse. He went down the tunnel slides all by himself.

We walked down to the pond and looked at the small fishes and water plants. Then we found the waterfall and the cave. It was much cooler there. After that, we went to the water play area. I took off his clothes because he was so hot. He liked running around there but he was a little afraid of the water fountains. He wanted me to go with him. But he was the one with the change of clothes, not me. After all that, we shared an ice cream and a drink.

The only thing... when we got home, I realised that I left his water bottle in the cafe! Yikes. I have to go get him another one. The old bottle is quite old and the straw is well chewed on anyway.

(If you have facebook and are one of my friends, the rest of the photos have been uploaded.)

No comments: