Monday, June 6, 2011

Another Year Older

Had my birthday celebrations with the family last week. It was nice and cozy, a family affair. Seperately my best friends took me out for lunch. Even though we have our own families, it's nice that we find the time for each other. All girls need some time out with their girlfriends right?

The kids are home all day because it's the school holidays. So they are also up a little later than usual on weekdays. And that means I have less time for hubbie and myself after they sleep. That and for some reason, I've been more tired than usual. I've been taking naps over the weekend. Which is unusual for me. I hardly need naps. Maybe there's a bug going around at home.

So this post is a little late. I like to take some time once or twice a year to stop and think about what's been going on. Recent events happening around the world does make me worry a bit more about the family. I wonder if we'll be prepared in the event of some disaster. I've been making a point to keep extra supplies at home. Especially for the kids, their milk powder, diapers, etc. Maybe I should also expand it to include other necessary supplies too. Instead of waiting until things run out.

Otherwise, I really do need to start some exercise. I feel tired and lazy a lot of the time, which is not really good at all. It's been over 3 years since I had a good exercise program going. Sigh... The inertia gets worse as you get older I realise.

The other thing is my scrapbooking. Work's been picking up and I've only been managing about 1 page in a week. I really need a proper table to work on at home. I'm now doing it on my bed, on a table tray. Which isn't the best.

But I am looking forward to the coming holiday we've planned in Melbourne. With the kids around, I know I'm going to be busy looking after them. Should be fun anyway. I hope...

No comments: