Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PTM

So I just attended my 2 and a half year old's parent-teacher-meeting. Yes, they start them that young. And we were discussing Gabriel's communication skills, social skills, self-help skills. And his problems, I was mostly aware of. It's good to know his teachers were actively helping him with regards to his language and self-help skills. And they felt that he was about the average in terms of his development. Which is what I was hoping to hear.

And I left the classroom with his artwork and a report card. Report Card. They give 2 year olds report cards too.

My two boys are very different, in terms of personality as well as independence. I know Bryan, my older boy learns things very fast. So I'm not too concerned that Gabriel is not as quick as Bryan. Gabriel has definately improved in terms of his speech and communication. He's a little like me, quiet and sometimes shy. So he usually doesn't say very much. But he has been becoming chattier since starting school this year. He has started to string words together in sentences. And it is becoming easier to understand him.

Meanwhile, Bryan is quite the opposite. He's very sociable and chatty in class. His teacher has made him a group leader of the Yellow Group. Which he enjoys. He has little problems with his English and Maths work. So school is pretty fun for him. Except Chinese, which he still needs a bit of help in. And he doesn't concentrate as much in his Chinese class. But at least he has the next half of the year to improve.

No comments: