Sunday, May 29, 2011

Birthday Surprise







Chun Chong surprised me on Sat with a Marina Mandarin hotel stay. It was to celebrate my birthday. I wondered when he was going to ask what I wanted for my birthday dinner. It was very sweet.

He had booked a suite, with a very big King bed and a separate living area, where the kids could sleep on the extra bed. I had always liked the suite because of the extra big space for the kids. And the coffee machine.

This time, there were also LOccitane toiletries. Which I like. The view we had this time was the bay view. Very nice.

That evening, we had dinner at the Aquamarine. It's their usual seafood buffet. But way better. I've always been impressed with their buffet. But this time the spread was superb. There was freshly schucked oysters, prawns, lobster, those giant Alaskan crab legs. Then the Jap section had sashimi. Salmon, tuna and even yellowtail.

There were so many crab dishes. Steamed, herbal, tomyum, curry... Even the fried rice had crabmeat in it. And fish maw soup. Then there were the desserts. Egg tarts, mango pudding, durian dessert, ice cream, cookies. Definitely something for everyone.

We ate for almost 2 hours. Stuffing ourselves. I was so full. But still had to eat that last bowl of ice cream. Which I hoped I at least worked off the next morning in the pool. With the kids. It was a cool morning, so the swimming pool was quite cold.

The only gripe I had was the checkout. It was a bit of a wait. And the doormen in uniform were chatting away and ignored us while we were searching for the valet. But I had a great time anyway.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: