Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lasik is Awesome

Both my best friends had it done ages ago. And it's been on my wishlist for a while. It was last year, I got tired of having to pack both my glasses and contacts on the cruise trip. So I decided I'd better have it done sooner rather than later.

So just before the weekend, I took a couple of days off to finally get it done. The nurses and surgeon were really great throughout. They explained what they were going to do and what was going to be done. And they were very reassuring, especially when there's stuff happening right in front of your eyes (literally). The scary part lasted a very short while. And it's not painful at all. Not as much tearing and discomfort as I had expected.

Results are almost immediate too. Once the dryness in the eyes get better with eyedrops and all, I can see. By the next day, it's all clear. I still need to be careful with not rubbing or getting dirt in the eyes. And I need to lubricate with drops every couple of hours or so. But I can see! Clearly. Without glasses or contacts. It's amazing. I have almost 6/6 vision. I really should have done this a long time ago.

No comments: