Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy 500!

I have just realised that I've hit 500 posts on my blog. That's quite an accomplishment because I don't blog everyday. Sometimes only a couple of times a week. But this blog is 5 years old. I didn't realise it would go as long. Going back to 2007 and one of my early posts, I did put in a To Do list. So lets see where I am with it...

1. Have another baby Well, I did. His name is Gabriel and he's 2 years old.

2. Get that masters degree Hm... not quite but I did get my Graduate Diploma in Family Medicine.
3. Own a Volvo C70 in red.  Not when the COE is that high.
4. Renovate Bryan's room We got him a new bed, and decorated the walls with removable stickers.
5. Finish studying the Bible It's sort of an ongoing process...
6. Learn scuba diving Scuba dive at the Great Barrier Reef. That's not going to be for a while. At least until the boys are older.
7. Learn to ride a horse. Nope, no time for that either.
8. Be a volunteer for Medicine Sans Frontiers Learn Japanese. New goal when the kids are older. Maybe sign up as a volunteer for the Red Cross. To help with disaster relief. It's always been a goal of mine.
9. Visit Italy, Japan, France, Switzerland, Africa, New York, Egypt, Israel, China, India, New Zealand, Maldives, Hawaii. Well, I'm no where near completing this. Not when half of the countries listed are probably on the travel advisory list.
10. Finish a 5km run. I can barely find time to do 1km. But I should, make use of the track nearby.
11. Take up dance classes I managed to do some Pilates between my boys
12. Perm my hair
13. Join the worship team in church Did that when I was younger
14. Have Lasix done so I don't have to wear glasses or contacts It's scheduled for the end of the month.
15. Retire in 30 years to look after my grandchildren. That remains to be seen. I do still want to keep practising though.

Looking back, 10 out of 15 isn't bad. It's been a fabulous 5 years. Some ups and some downs. But mostly ups. My family's been important to me. And a lot of stuff I haven't thought about doing like travelling, diving etc because of the boys. But I'm actually very ok with it. I'm happy to see my boys grow up first. Then we can do all that fun stuff together.

No comments: