Monday, December 21, 2009

Looking Forward

It's almost the end of 2009 and about the time to take stock of things. It's been a pretty good year for me. My main accomplishment is taking the GDFM exams and passing them. While taking care of 2 children and holding down a full time job.

Other than that, I'm putting more effort into my scrapbooking this year and the layouts and mini-albums are turning out very well. It's very therapeutic and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a creative outlet.

The only thing I would like to do more of is exercise. I've not stepped into the gym for almost 2 years. Although I've managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy size/clothes, I still have residual baggage in certain tummy areas. I just need to tone up a bit.

So next year, while I'm cruising along with my job and family, I am going to find some time to go to the gym. I want to be able to do a 5km run at least. That's going to be my main goal for next year.

I'm very proud of my two kids. Bryan has learned to read and write fairly well. And Gabriel has learned to walk and taking to solid food very well. Both are very good kids most of the time.

Next year is going to be an interesting year for Bryan. He's going to start Kindergarten. And it's going to be a bit more intense in school. He's also going to start taking the school bus home from school. So he needs to be a bit more independant too. I think he's growing up nicely and I don't think he'll have much problem.

Gabriel meanwhile will be learning to talk and maybe even start a weekly playgroup. Sigh... my boys are growing up too fast...

No comments: