Friday, January 2, 2009

Scraps and Resolutions




These are the scraps I managed to find time to do during this Christmas/New Year break. I've also managed to find time to do up to January of the blank calendar that I got for Christmas. Thanks Ming.

And a very Happy New Year to all. I hope 2009 brings happiness to all. Especially in this financially difficult time.

Every year, I make the same old resolutions... spend more time with family, save more money... This year, I've decided I'm going to make monthly evaluations and be more specific with my resolutions. That way, I'm more likely to keep them.

1. I'm going to try to devote my weekdays to my study notes and books. Leaving weekends free to scrapbook.

2. As for shopping, I'm going to restrict myself to one shopping trip a month. And only to stuff that I need. Not the latest trends I see on the shelf.

3. Once I'm through with my exams in June, I'll re-evaluate. Maybe I'll have more time to scrapbook. Maybe I'll have found another hobby...

4. Bryan starts school again next week. I hope he'll enjoy it as much as last year. I'm going to send him to and from school in January. And find time to read to him and teach him to read.

5. Gabriel's actually easier to look after compared to Bryan. He's not as colicky and he's already sleeping very well at night. I'm hoping to continue to breast feed him at night while making sure he takes to the bottle and formula during the day.

6. Cannot forget hubbie. I know it's difficult to have two young children in the house and having to put them first. I'm going to try to set aside weekend time just specially for him.

7. And who can forget friends. There are some close friends whom I haven't seen in a long while. I'm going to have to find time to meet up for coffee too.

So that's my 7 resolutions for the year. Wish me all the best in keeping them!

No comments: