Monday, August 20, 2007

Coping

Recently a few of my friends have been asking me how I cope with so many responsibilities, seeing as how I manage to work, study, look after a 2 year old, find time to go to the gym, work on my hobbies, run errands and stay married.

Well, in short, ONE THING AT A TIME.

Actually, I find that if I did things as fast as possible, I can stretch time a bit. I spend a lot of time with my son and the rest of the time with my hubbie. And I try to squeeze everything else in between. So my lunch times are usually packed with errands and doing the accounts. I try to study at night when my boy is asleep. But I make a point to sit with my hubbie a while so he doesn't feel too left out. Then I go to the gym during the weekend when Bryan is taking his afternoon nap. And when he wakes up, we do some grocery shopping together.

I have to hand it to my trusty organiser to remind me when Bryan's school fees have to be paid and when our dogs need to be de-flea-ed. Without it I think I'd be a confused mess.

Yet, I still have so many things in my head that I want to do. I want to find more time to teach my boy his alphabet and do more art and craft stuff with him. And I want to have more time, especially in the mornings with my hubbie *wink* & *blush*. I need to find time to read too. I used to read a least one book a week. Now, I hardly have time for any.

Hmmm... one of these days I'm going to give myself a heart attack. But I do have to thank my mother-in-law for helping me look after Bryan especially while I'm at work. At least I don't have to worry about him then. But I always worry about my darling hubbie. Sometimes I think he works too hard.

No comments: