Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The final instalment of the harry potter series arrived yesterday by post bright and early at 8am. Just when I was about to leave for work. And once I started reading the first page, I just couldn’t put it down. I finished reading it at 2am early this morning.

I have to say that the ending didn’t disappoint. Nothing like what I imagined. And yet it was perfect. J.k. rowling is a master storyteller. She didn’t explain everything until the end. And the readers together with harry potter finally understood why things had to be as they were. She linked the previous 6 books together perfectly. I believe there is no way that anyone could grasp the full story without reading all 7 books.

I may even go back to the beginning and reread the whole thing. Now that I understand what was really going on, I think rereading it will let me see things in a different light.

It’s not only the story though, the book also imparts important values and lessons. It shows us the value of true friendship, trust and loyalty and above all, the power of love. It teaches the importance of standing up for what you believe in. and that no matter how insignificant you feel, one person can make a difference.

Oh yes, on a different note, bryan just learned how to jump. He can just about jump a couple of inches off the floor. It’s so adorable. And I am so proud of him.

No comments: