Thursday, October 14, 2010

Orientation at 2

Gabriel just passed his 2nd birthday. And yesterday, he attended his first school orientation. He's never been to classes before. And this would be his first time. I was initially worried he'd just hang on to me and not let go.

But he surprised me a little. He explored the new classroom and play areas by himself. And he wanted to see what the fuss was about. He behaved enough to sit and listen to the briefing but later got bored and went off exploring on his own. He wasn't too shy with the other kids. But he was quiet. Didn't say much.

I also spoke to his new teacher. And she said that there are quite a number of kids also born in October. Plus Gabriel's older brother is in the same school so he should be fine. She was quite reassuring. I think once Gabriel gets used to her, he should be fine in the school.

I am still going to take the first week off work to accompany him in school just in case he has a major meltdown.

Sigh... my boys are growing up so fast...

No comments: