Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Photo


I thought I needed an extra post today. We got Bryan a pair of sunglasses this weekend and he really enjoyed playing around with it. But seriously, Bryan really brightens up my day.

It's been really bad in the polyclinics these couple of weeks. I work in a government polyclinic. And I'm seriously overworked and underpaid. I'm sure there lots of my friends in banking and finance who are earning easily twice my pay. But these couple of weeks have been horrible. I have topped my maximum of 80 plus patients a day a few days running. That's about 3 to 5 minutes per patient. It's absolutely insane. I'm really tired and drained at the end of the day. Plus my pregnancy is draining me a lot too. By the time I put Bryan to sleep at night I barely have the energy to do anything else.

I think the public health system in Singapore is running at over capacity. Every single polyclinic I go to help out is the same. There are people out there who can clearly afford to see their friendly neighbourhood GP but prefer to save a few bucks by clogging up the public healthcare system. And the thing that really pisses me off is that they want first class service at a subsidised rate.

To all Singaporeans out there who complained about the polyclinic, if you don't like the service in the polyclinic, DON'T COME BACK!!! We don't want you around. We don't need you around. Don't try to be cheapskate. This is the reason why I'm quitting polyclinics. Rude demanding patients who want to save a few dollars. Be more considerate to those who actually can't afford healthcare. You want to see ugly Singaporeans, come down to any polyclinic. You'll see lots of them around.

Growl!

No comments: