Monday, February 18, 2008

Making A Baby

Yes I'm pregnant. It took us 8 months before the stick came up with two lines instead of one. But actually, i sort of knew. A week before I took the test, I had rather odd, achy and tender breasts. I don't usually get that before my period.

In one of my more recent lectures on fertility, the speaker said that in one year, the chances of a normal couple conceiving is 85%. That's pretty good odds. I'm glad I'm one of them.

Actually, I think couples trying to conceive can get quite stressed out. After all, you get only one chance a month and you don't know if you are pregnant until a couple of weeks later. I previously felt a little disappointed every time my period came. And for me because of my job, I feel a little tinge when a lady comes in and she gets tested and she comes up with a positive test.

But now I'm happy. Very very happy. Now I'm crossing my fingers and praying that baby will be ok.

No comments: